Monday, February 23, 2009

Ah, Monday...

So not two seconds after I posted on Friday one of my bosses (the only one still at work that late) came in my office and said I could leave at 5:00. Whoo hoo! So my weekend started out on a good note. Friday wasn't too exciting (though we didn't have any specific planned so it wasn't expected to be exciting). Saturday night we had our monthly girls night. There were 9 of us in a big booth at Chili's. I love these girls nights because it's probably the most I laugh all month. And it's good to get a break every month. After we ate (and had yummy cake that Kristie made for Mandi's engagement) six of us headed over to the movies. We saw He's Just Not that Into You. It was really cute. Definitely a chick flick, but still good. Though I am a sucker for chick flicks.

The kids spent the night with my parents Saturday night so Danny and I skipped church yesterday and slept late. You see, my kids get up between 7:30 and 8:00 even on Saturdays. They're so used to getting up around 7:45 Monday through Friday for me to go to work that they wake up at the time even if they don't have to. Saturday mornings I'm usually woken up by Ally tapping me on the arm and saying, "Mommy, I waked up." To which I reply, "Baby, it's still really early so why don't you go lay back down?" "But it's morning and I'm awake." So the only time I get to sleep late is when the kids aren't there. I woke up at 11:45 on Sunday. Wow. Didn't expect to sleep until noon.

But now it's Monday. Blah. I'm about to go get my second cup of coffee, and then actually do some work. Maybe I'll have something more exciting to say later. Enjoy your Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment